More About Douglas Niedt's
Summer Guitar Study
The Summer Guitar Study is for intermediate and advanced classical guitar students, and for professional classical guitarists desiring coaching for recitals and recordings.
- I teach the guitar lessons at my home in Leawood, Kansas which is a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri (USA).
- You are responsible for your own food and lodging. I can recommend hotels/motels nearby.
- Scheduling flexibility. I highly recommend four days of guitar lessons to maximize the benefits of your stay. But, to make it easier for you to get away, or if you want to hold down your hotel and food expenses, you can schedule two or three days instead of four. Or, you can schedule five full days.
- If you don't want to deal with a car, I can pick you up at your hotel each day and then drop you back at your hotel after the guitar lesson.
- Classical guitar lessons are only $50/hour. I recommend a three-hour lesson each day. To some, three hours may seem like a long time, but believe me, it goes very fast.
- My teaching style is very calm and I am very patient--it is not a scary nerve-racking experience! I have always looked at guitar lessons as nothing more than supervised practice sessions--they are NOT performances. I teach you how to practice. You will enjoy it very much and you will accomplish a lot.
- If you are going to take the time and effort to travel to Kansas City, it only makes sense to make the most of it and schedule as many days/hours of guitar lessons as you can.
- Remember, these are private classical guitar lessons, not a class. Every minute is focused on you.
To Enroll and More Information
Sessions will be available May 1 through August 31, 2018. You can do anywhere from a 2-5 day session. It is your choice.
Contact Doug to let him know your date preferences or for more information.
Summer Guitar Course Frequently Asked Questions