Summer Guitar Study
With Douglas Niedt
If you crave to improve your classical guitar playing, Doug's Summer Guitar Study may be what you're looking for. It's like a masterclass except there is no "class". There are no other students. You are the single focus of Doug's attention in this summer guitar course. You get to indulge yourself with a three-hour private guitar lesson every day for two, three, four, or five days. The length of your stay is your choice.
- You can practice to your heart's content.
- Learn the guitar music you have been wanting to learn.
- Improve, improve, improve!
- All under the guidance of master classical guitar teacher and guitarist, Douglas Niedt.
The summer guitar course is held in Leawood, Kansas which is a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri.
Dates are available from May 1 through August 31, 2018
Classical Guitar Masterclasses REDEFINED by Douglas Niedt
The OLD classical guitar masterclass approach:
- Pay high tuition fees to study in a class in which you personally receive only a twenty or thirty-minute lesson per day or every other day.
- Pay money to hear other students play.
The NEW Summer Guitar Study approach:
- Pay a reasonable fee for a three-hour private lesson with Douglas Niedt each day.
- No other students—You are the focus of his attention during your stay.
This is a marvelous opportunity for students, teachers, or artists to study with a world-class guitarist and master teacher.
- Refine your technical skills to the highest levels of your ability
- Free your imagination as you examine various philosophies of interpretation and musical expression
- Receive concert coaching for upcoming concerts and recitals
- Learn the secrets of making outstanding arrangements and transcriptions for the guitar
- Learn how to analyze and solve your technical problems and how to vastly improve your technique
- Discover the most efficient practice strategies so you can learn more music at a higher level of performance in a shorter time
- Rise to the next level of performance—make your guitar playing come alive with musical expressiveness
About Douglas Niedt
Douglas Niedt is a recording artist with over 40 years of concert experience, head of the guitar department at the University of Missouri at Kansas City Conservatory of Music and Dance and recognized for excellence by the National Endowment for The Arts. His early studies with diverse artists such as Segovia, Parkening,Yepes, Ghiglia, Morel and Pepe Romero produced a master teacher with unusual perception and openness to differing schools of instruction.
To Enroll and More Information
Sessions will be available May 1 through August 31, 2018. You can do anywhere from a 2-5 day session. It is your choice.
Contact Doug to enroll for a session or for more information.
More About the Summer Guitar Study. Details, format, cost, etc.
Summer Guitar Course Frequently Asked Questions