GUITAR THEORY AND EAR TRAINING
Key Signature Trainer
Learn to quickly identify key signatures.
This is so amazing. Click on the gear icon in the upper right. You can choose:
- The clef. For us guitar players the treble clef is the choice. But you can also learn bass clef, the grand staff, alto clef, tenor clef, soprano clef, and even mezzo-soprano and baritone clef. Amaze your friends at parties!
- If you want to raise the bar, choose how many key signatures you want the game to fire at you; up to 7 flats or sharps.
- If you want to be taken to the limits of your sanity, you can choose the style of note name. Choose from the standard letter names, 5 systems of solfège, and the German system.
- If you enjoy having games beat you senseless, choose ALL the scales. You get not only major and minor, but all the other modes as well.
- Speaking of modes, go ahead—make my day. Turn on the Challenge Mode.
This new version works on all Windows and Mac desktops and laptops.
But, it may not display well on some tablets and phones.
By the way, you can download these apps optimized for iPads and iPhones.
These apps are from a great website for music theory lessons: MusicTheory.net