GUITAR THEORY AND EAR TRAINING
Learn the notes on the guitar fretboard or fingerboard
This is so amazing. Click on the gear icon in the upper right. You can choose:
- The instrument. Of course we have the guitar. But the game also has the 7-string guitar, bass guitar, 5-string bass guitar, 6-string bass guitar, mandolin, banjo, and ukelele.
- Choose the frets you want to be tested on. You can choose specific frets, or a range of frets.
- You can also choose to focus on the notes on a specific string or group of strings.
- You can choose the style of note name. Choose from the standard letter names, five systems of solfège, and the German system
- If you want to push yourself, turn on the Challenge Mode.
This new version works on all Windows and Mac desktops and laptops.
But, it may not display well on some tablets and phones.
For those who prefer the old version (which does not work at all on tablets or phones), scroll to the bottom).
By the way, you can download these apps optimized for iPads and iPhones.
These apps are from a great website for music theory lessons: MusicTheory.net
Some people prefer the old version. It only works on Windows Desktop. If the game does not load on your Windows desktop computer, you may need to install the Adobe Shockwave Player.
Guitar fretboard trainer (OLD VERSION).