Read this website in over 60 languages.
Is this you?
Then my book will help you.
My book will tell you how.
This Isn't About Overnight Success
Or Becoming a Millionaire
My book tells you how to earn your million dollars in the music business over the course of your career. And, how to have a wonderful and fulfilling life doing it.
What is the most important ingredient for success?
- Best-selling CD?
- Tons of gigs?
- Being well-known?
NO. The most important ingredient is having the right mindset.
I explain in no-nonsense terms the importance of:
- Having a mission in life
- Maintaining a positive mental attitude
- Learning from failure
- Facing the brutal facts of reality
Read valuable advice and seldom-covered information on:
- Strategies for recording, making CDs, purchasing equipment
- Building your website
- Selling on the Internet
- Good business procedures
- How to stay financially healthy
It isn't easy, but if you think you want to make a million dollars playing the guitar, my book will give you the guidance you need.
Hello, I'm Douglas Niedt
I spent four years writing this book of 376 pages. Its content is substantial and substantive. I believe it will give you the guidance you need to make a very good living in the music business.
I'm not telling you how to do something I haven't done myself. I HAVE made a million dollars playing the guitar. I didn't decide to write a book because I can't hack it in the real music world. The guitar is still my business. I'm good at it and make my living from it.
The reason I wrote this book is because I want to help you, my students, and others experience the joy, fulfillment, and financial success I have received from my life in music.
My book is not about how to play the guitar and become a millionaire (to have a net worth of one million dollars). You won't read the book and wake up the next morning with a million dollars in your bank account. You won't read the book and wake up in five years with a million dollars in your bank account. Telling you I had a surefire way to do that would be ridiculous. But, it is not out of the question to tel you how to make a million dollars playing the guitar over the course of your career.
Can anyone do this? Truthfully, no. Many people can achieve significant degrees of success in the music business. But to earn a million dollars in the music field requires a person with exceptional focus, dedication, and perseverance.
Interestingly, the attributes necessary to earn a million dollars playing the guitar have little to do with how good a guitarist you are, how wonderful your songs are, or what others think of you and your abilities.
Find out if you have what it takes. Find out if you even want to pursue a career on this level.
If you decide you want to go for it, read my book to learn how you can achieve what you want out of life and find financial success doing what you love to do—play the guitar.
- Topics to Explore. I have adapted these valuable articles from my book. They contain information essential to achieve success in the music business. If you're too busy practicing to read, I have audio recordings of the articles you can listen to in your car or when you're out and about. It's all free.
- Million-Dollar Minutes. These are short videos (also available as MP3s and written transcripts) containing information that will help you generate income and inspire you to think of more ideas applicable to your career. It's free.